As you all know printer is an old and useful device in this generation as well to print any kind of documents whether it is for office use or personal use. As it is a highly usable device, it occurs many problems. One of the problems among all is printer offline in Windows 10. This issue has many problems, but most of the time this causes due to the problem that occurred in the driver of the printer. Many of the windows 10 users have reported this problem of showing printer offline. This error also shows even if they are connected properly. So, at that time what will you do?
So in this article, we are going to show you how this problem can solve easily with different steps.
Reinstall printer drivers
- Click on the start button and search for the control panel. After getting the result click on it.
- Locate the devices and printers in the control panel window and click on it.
- Navigate to your printer and right-click on it. From the option, click on the “Remove device”.
- Then it will prompt a confirmation dialogue box, simply click on the yes button.
- Now download and update the printer driver from the printer manufacturer and simply install it.
Change the printer settings
- Firstly go to the start button, search and open the control panel window.
- Locate for devices and printers option and click on it.
- Check for the printer which you use is set to default.
- Right-click on the default printer from the window and click on the “see what’s printing” option.
- If hit shows any ongoing task, then simply remove it from the list.
- Now select the printer from the tab and untick the “Use printer offline” option.
- Now check the default printer whether it is connected properly to your computer.
Better you unplug the cable and connect it again.
- Also, try restarting your Wi-Fi router.
- Perform a complete power cycle of printer and computer by turning it off and on again after some time.
- If still your printer getting the same problem then reinstall the printer’s drivers. Most of the time when this issue occurs the printer goes into error state.
Restart the print spooler service
- Press the “Windows + R” key at the same time or search”run” on the start button.
- In the run dialogue box, type “services.msc” on the textbox and press Enter or click on the ok button
- On the window navigate the print spooler service and right-click on it. From the menu select restart. No check whether this step worked for you.
Changing the printer properties
- Similarly, go to the start button, then search and open the control panel window.
- Locate devices and printers and click on it.
- Look for your printer and right-click on it. Now select printer properties from the options.
- On the properties, window click on the Ports tab. Now check the printer’s IP address and simply tap on the configure port button on the bottom.
- Now untick the “SNMP status enabled” and then tap on the ok button so that it will save it.
For more understanding on How to get offline Printer back online, you should go to this link and find out.
Update the window
- Press the key “Windows + I” from the keyboard, and open the settings window.
- Locate the “Updates & Security” option and simply click on it.
- Tap on “Check for updates” and it will automatically update if there are any updates available. It might work for you to resolve the problem of Printer offline error.
Add a second printer device
- Go to the start button and search for the control panel, click on it, and open it.
- Locate devices and printer on the window.
- Locate your printer and right-click on it. After that click on the printer properties from the options.
- Go to the ports tab and simply tap on the “Add Port” button on the bottom.
- Click on ” Standard TCP/IP Port” and then tap on the ” New port ” button below.
- Now click on the Next button and carry on.
- It will ask you to enter the required details. You can get it from the printer’s instruction manual. After entering it simply click on the Next button.
- now look for the error whether it appears or not. Mostly the problem might have solved now.
So these are the effective steps to guide you on how to resolve the problem of Printer offline error in Windows 10. I hope this article may help you with its informational steps. Comment below from which method you got the solution.