Remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark- Does Your desktop is showing you “Activate Windows – Go to Settings to activate windows” at the bottom right the corner?
It is on the grounds that your windows license key has expired or you have installed the counterfeit version of windows. Basically, the counterfeit version of Windows might give you a 180-days trial pack, but after that period a beautiful watermark comes.
Well, it’s not beautiful, it’s really annoying. Don’t be panic, We are here to help you to remove that annoying activate Windows watermark.
What is Windows Activation?
Windows Activation is an anti-piracy method of Microsoft which make sure that every Windows OS copy that installed on your computer is genuine. Activation makes sure that your copy of Windows OS is not installed in any other devices.
If you have upgraded your device to latest Windows then you don’t need to re-activate Windows but you must be on the activated Windows A Windows product key is a 25-character code worked to activate Windows. It looks like this
Why Do You Need to Activate Windows?
Windows 10 displays “Activate Windows” watermark in the bottom right corner when you are running on an unlicensed copy of Windows 10. It always disturbs when you are doing any task on your computer.
The main drawback of using unlicensed Windows 10 copy is unable to personalize your desktop. You won’t be able to personalize desktop background, taskbar, theme, start colour, windows title bar, lock screen, and customize start.
All other services will work correctly as they always do. So this is the only change you might notice when using unlicensed or pirated Windows OS copy.
Note: Running a non-genuine (Pirated) version of Windows can put you at more significant virus risks and other security threats. So I strongly recommend you to use only licensed or genuine Windows OS.
Check Your Activation Status
Before any further process, you may need to check your activation status. If you want to know why you are getting the “Activate Windows 10” message, go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation. You will see the status of your computer and what you can do to activate Windows 10 to remove windows watermark. So let’s start one by one method just to do it:
The working methods to Remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark:
- Insert a legitimate Product key
- Check Enterprise Activation
- Run the Activation Troubleshooter
- Buy a new Product Key
- Remove Watermark Using Registry Editor
- Remove Watermark using Universal Watermark Disabler
- Activate Windows or Microsoft Office using KMSpico for free
- Activate Windows using Microsoft Toolkit 2.6.4
- Remove Watermark using a batch file
- Remove Activation Watermark using Code
1. Insert a legitimate Product key
As you can see above screenshot, Windows is not activated because the previous version of Windows was not activated. So this is the reason for showing ” Activate Windows” watermark.
If you installed a fresh version of Windows 10 without inserting Product key during installation, You’ll also get this error.
You can enter the product key by Change product key option if you have one. Luckily you can also enter your previous windows product key if you have. Windows 10 support valid Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 product key.
So Windows 10 should accept your product key if you enter the valid product key which has not been used many times before.
A key for Windows 10 Home might not activate Windows 10 Pro. Moreover, Microsoft confines the number of times you can use one product key to activate Windows. If you’ve used the key a lot in the past, you may have exhausted it
2. Check Enterprise Activation
This method is only applicable to those computers whose Windows is activated from the Enterprise server. Sometimes Windows loses contact to that server so windows will show “Activate Windows” watermark.
To remove it, Go to Settings > Activation. You will notice a message as “We can’t activate Windows on this device because we can’t connect to your organization’s activation server.” To resolve this problem, you need to reconnect your computer to the company’s network and reactivate it. You can try using a company VPN to make this if you can’t physically connect it.
3. Run the Activation Troubleshooter
If you had upgraded or changed any hardware component in your computer such as replacing the motherboard, then it Windows can’t recognize that it’s your computer and it will show you “Activate Windows” watermark. If you have this issue then just follow this tip and it will remove activate windows watermark permanently.
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation
- Click on Troubleshoot. A troubleshoot will start.
- Click on I changed the hardware on this device recently. This might aid you to log into your Microsoft account.
Note: If you have not connected your digital license to your Microsoft account to prior to the hardware change, this won’t work. You can contact to Windows Support for any query to get it sort.
4. Buy a new Product Key
If you don’t have a valid product key and never connected your digital license to Microsoft account, then you have only one last genuine method is left to buy a new Windows 10 which comes with new product key. This will give you latest version of Windows 10 and with latest security patch updates.
To buy a new product key, go to the Activation menu, and tap on, go to the store. You can find windows ranging from $140 to $200. You can choose any of them.
Once you buy a new product key and installed in your computer, head back to the activation menu and link your activation to Microsoft account so you can easily reactivate it in future if needed.
If you don’t want to waste your money to buy a new product key, then there are several methods to remove Windows 10 activation watermark using some tricks. It will remove watermark but no guarantee for its re-appearance. But “Half of Loaf is better than none.”
5. Remove Watermark Using Registry Editor
This is the best method to remove windows watermark if you don’t want to buy a new product key. It will take just only 1 to 2 minutes. To do so, follow the given steps.
- Press the Windows button + R.
- Then type Regedit.
- Press OK. The registry editor will open.
- In the registry editor, get to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder. Open the submenu of it.
- Open System folder. In it open the CurrentControlSet folder. In this folder open Services folder.
- Scroll down until you find the folder named “svsvc” Click on it. On the right side, you will see some options
- In these options find Start. Double click on it.
- In the dialog box, the default value data set to 3. Change it to 4. Then press, OK. Don’t change Base (Keep it Hexadecimal). Now close the registry editor.
- Restart your computer and make sure watermark is gone.
We have disabled the value of windows activation watermark. On next boot, you won’t find windows activation watermark on your desktop. If this method doesn’t work for you, we have other ways to remove activate Windows 10 watermark.
6. Remove Watermark using Universal Watermark Disabler
Using Universal Watermark Disabler software is a good option for you to remove windows activation watermark if you don’t want to do it manually. Universal Watermark Disabler is a free app which can remove any kinds of watermarks in Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.
It will work on any build starting from Windows 8 to the latest Windows 10 versions. The updated version holds some bug fixes and joins support for the latest Windows 10 build 10031.
- Supports every UI language.
- Does not delete branding strings
- Removes all watermarks including BootSecure, Test Mode, Build string in the evaluation and pre-release builds, “Confidential” warning text, and even the build hash.
All you need to do is:
- Download the Universal Watermark Disabler from here.
- Run as administrator by right click on it.
- Click on Install button.
- It will warn such as “You will be signed out automatically. Save all your work and Click Ok ” Click on OK
- Explorer might not respond for a while but wait until it responds.
- The next time you sign in, you won’t get watermark of “Activate Windows 10”.
7. Activate Windows or Microsoft Office using KMSpico for free
KMSPico is being used to validate the pirated version of Microsoft Windows. Furthermore, this KMS technology is launched by Microsoft for mutual gain, without getting exposed by Microsoft. So you can say that the same team publishes these keys for public use.
KMSPico is the software of those such technologies which does not violate the rules of Microsoft. It’s just like a local server which let every machine use the KMS Technology. The good thing about it is it can activate Windows and also Microsoft Office.
This software uses KMS (Key Mangement Service) technology, which is introduced by Microsoft for big and small companies. So Companies don’t need to activate Windows separately on every computer. Instead, they go through the KMS server, and this server enables their Microsoft products.
To Activate Windows using KMS pico, follow the instructions:
- Download the KMSpico software here.
- Before you install it, you need to disable any antivirus software temporary if you have installed on your computer.
- Press the Windows button and then type Virus & Threat Protection. Open that program
- Go to Virus & Threat Protection Settings.
- Turn off Real-time Protection.
- Now, Install & Open KMSpico software.
- You will see the red button in the program. Click on it
- It will take a few seconds. When it completes, you will hear the sound, such as “Program Complete!”
- That’s it now you have activated Windows successfully.
Note: It requires to have .Net Framework 4.0 or above version to work it properly.
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
Supported Microsoft office:
- Office 2016
- Office 2013
- Office 2010
- Office 2007
- Office 365
The Key features of KMSpico:
- This tool helps you to activate the different versions of Microsoft Office (from 2010 to 2016 also 365). Either is the x84 bit or x64 bit. This tool automatically detects the version of a product.
- You don’t need to have an internet connection to use this activator. It is a fully standalone (Offline) tool.
- This tool provides you with real and genuine activation. You don’t need to worry about being caught
- It also supports multiples languages.
- It occupies less space in your PC. KMSPico occupies only 5MB on your computer.
8. Activate Windows using Microsoft Toolkit 2.6.4
Microsoft Toolkit is an alternative of KMSpico. It works exactly as KMSpico. It can also activate Windows and Microsoft office both. Microsoft toolkit is a mixture of all activators.
Auto KMS and EZ activator modules are built in to give a perfect activation algorithm. Microsoft Toolkit also supports the manual call activation system. To use it, you will need to click the phone button, generate a 12 digit code and call Microsoft through Skype To remove Windows watermark, Follow the instructions:
- You need to disable your antivirus software (just like mentioned in the above method) if you have installed
- Download the Microsoft toolkit 2.6.4 here.
- Install & run the software
- Click on Windows button in this software.
- Click on EZ-Activator. Let complete this process. It will hardly take up to 30 seconds.
- That’s it. You have activated Windows
Note: Microsoft toolkit required .NET framework 4.0+ to run.
- Windows Vista all versions
- Windows 7 all versions
- MS Office 2013 all versions
- MS Office 2016 all versions
- Windows 8/8.1 all versions
- Compatible with Windows 10
- MS Office 2003 all versions
- MS Office 2007 all versions
- MS Office 2010 all versions
Key Features of Microsoft toolkit 2.6.4:
- Two in one activation
- Two in one is one tool do two work which is activate MS windows 8.1 and MS office.
- Offline and Online activator modules.
- Lifetime activation
- 64-bit system support
- Any windows and MS office version support
- Auto KMS and EZ activator modules
9. Remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark using a batch file
It is an easy trick to remove Watermark from your desktop. This method does not require any third-party software. It just takes 1 to 2 minutes only.
To remove Windows 10 activation watermark,
- Open Notepad on your computer.
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
- Copy the above code and paste it in notepad
- Now Go to the File and click on Save As.
- Here select the location where you need to save the file. Then Change the save as type to All Files (*.*) and Give the file name as “ remove.bat.”
- Now Go to the location where your file saved. Right-click on it and select “Run As Administration.”
- A command prompt will open and automatically close. After that reboot your computer.
- Now you have successfully removed Windows activation watermark.
10. Remove Activation Watermark using Code
This method is similar to the above one. To do this follow these steps
- Copy the code from here.
- Open Notepad and paste that code in it.
- Save the file as .bat file (if you are using windows 7 then save the file as .cmd)
- Locate the file and Right-click on it.
- Select “Run As Administration”
- A command prompt will open and automatically close. After that reboot your computer.
- There is no more “activate windows go to settings to activate windows” on your PC.
FINAL WORDS: I have discussed all working methods to Remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark. Some of the methods might not work for you, and some do.
If you don’t want to compromise with your computer’s security, then I strongly recommend you to purchase a valid license key from the official Microsoft Store.
Third-party software might consist of trojan and virus, which can damage your computer and puts you in trouble if you face any problem regarding the activation process, comment below. I would like to answer you.